Monday, April 4, 2011

We have Travel Approval!!!



Today we got the email with the words we've been waiting 3 1/2 years to hear "I HAVE YOUR TRAVEL APPROVAL!!!" We were at Ging and Poppy's for dinner and shortly before we were supposed to eat, I see the wonderful email sitting in my Inbox. After I squealed, I motion for Allen to come over and read it with me so we could see the details at the same time. Then, we got to jump into the room to tell Amelie, Ging and Poppy - how fun to have people to share with right away!!

Amelie was very excited that she might win the
pool that Amanda setup at the Han Party she threw for us this past Saturday. I think no matter who wins that one, Amelie will have to get the prize (I'm sure no one will object).

So, just like everything else in the adoption process, it's a matter of hurry up and wait and hurry up again. Jenny Teague, our travel phase rep. at Great Wall, is trying to get the famil
ies to travel by May 5th. But, since she got a record number of TAs this time around, she may not be able to get everyone in and those families would have to leave May 12th. So, if we have to wait an
extra week? I think we can manage, we've waited this long so far, an extra week isn't even a drop in the pan. Of course, we're hoping for May 5th. Cinco de Mayo China style!

1 comment:

nikki said...

I'm so happy for you. Your parents look so happy. Tell them Olivia sends her love.