Monday, September 15, 2008

School followup

So, last week was the first entire week we've had where Amelie did not cry when I dropped her off. The teacher and preschool director told me on Tuesday that Amelie was very good about putting bunny in her cubby and not being distracted by him while she was at school. I think this is because Amelie did such a great job in prepping bunny on the way to school. She carried bunny as I gave her a piggy back ride to school and told him "Now bunny, you have to stay in my cubby while I'm in class, okay?" And bunny replied in a high voice, "Okay, I will". Bunny later went on to say he'd probably take a nap while she played and Amelie thought that was a good idea.

Amelie has been getting treats while in school because she helps clean up her centers as well as those of the other kids. She tells me she's been having fun and once asked if the kids from her class can come over to play. Each time I pick her up, I watch her for a little while before going in and she's always playing happily with the other kids or chatting with the teacher. Her teachers names are Miss Milley and Miss Nicole. At home, she likes to pretend to play school and will have me be Miss Milley and she will be one of the kids.

In the end, I do feel as though she is adjusting and getting a lot of of going to school.
This past Friday, we got to go back to school for school pictures. This was the first year they did school pictures for the 2 year old class and it was somewhat like herding cats. I almost thought getting Amelie's school picture was not going to happen as, for some reason, she despises posing for pictures. The shots the photographer did get were quite close up in order to get me and bunny out of the shot since that was the only way she would even consider posing for the pictures. They did come out good though and I'm curious to get the proofs now.
Most of these pictures are from the zoo this past weekend and the last one is when we went to Green Meadows Farm with Abby, Malia and Emerson back in July. Amelie's favorite things to do at the zoo are to feed the giraffes and pet the stingrays.

No comments: