Thursday, September 18, 2008

Gotcha Day #2

It's hard to believe we're celebrating the 2nd anniversary of the most important day of our lives. It's funny that we were so impatient waiting for something we were afraid might not happen (or couldn't imagine actually being real), that 2 years have gone by already.

We spent the day at Blizzard Beach, a water park at Disney. Needless to say, we had a blast. Amelie had to ease into a little, so we went to Tike's Peak first. There, she got to get comfortable on the little kiddie slides and shallow pools. Then, we spent the rest of the day trying to keep up with her. We did the family raft ride where 6 people get in a raft and go down a rather fast slide to the bottom. The only drawback to this ride, at least for me, was the ski lift you had to take to get to the top. Mama was white-knuckled all the way to the top. Amelie kept saying "Mama, don't hold me". "Uh, no, I'm holding you". "But, Mama I'm okay". "But, I'm not". So went the trip with me like a psychotic person going "Ha ha ha, isn't this fun?"

The rest of the day was spent with multiple laps around the lazy river (Amelie actually did sit in a tube for a little while); jumping waves in the wave pool (which we called the "ocean"); and going down this gigantic slide (I mean gigantic because of the number of steps involved to climb up) where we could go down in a double tube and Amelie wanted to do over and over. On the last trip down, I lost my sunglasses. I get my sunglasses at Wal-mart, sub $10 as I tend to lose them in pools and restaurants, etc. Amelie seemed overly concerned about this. For a while afterwards, she kept asking "Mama, what happened to your sungassees?" "They fell off in the pool honey". "Go get them!" "It's okay honey I'll get new ones". "No! get those sungassees!" I'm not sure why the attachment to those, but I think she finally got over it.

Toward the end of the day, we all shared a chocolate drizzled funnel cake, which I feel safe in saying was a highlight. They announced that the park was soon closing so we told her we had to hurry if she wanted to go on a few more slides. She asked if her Gotcha Day was closing too and we told her that, no, just Blizzard Beach was.

On the way home, we had one sacked out toddler, so we stopped for some take out Chinese food.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love that underwater shot! How did you do that?

Hugs,
Lori**

The Valentines said...

Hi Lori! I don't always notice the comments since I don't get many :) We just used a cheap disposable underwater camera and got lucky!! Allen timed that one pretty well I'd say - thanks for reading!!