Monday, January 24, 2011

LSC Arrived today and is off to Immigration

We received our packet from China today including the much anticipated and long-awaited Letter Seeking Confirmation (LSC). This was the official letter from China saying that they thought it would be a good idea for us to be Han's parents and so, they approved!!

What this means in logistical terms is a day of copying, stapling, collating and rushing off to the post office to send the packet to the USCIS office in Texas where they will begin the process of updating our status to allow us to bring Han back into the US. Once we have this back, another set of processes begins including starting the process to get Han a visa while we're in China so we can bring him back to the U.S.

The great and unexpected news is that we were initially told to expect traveling to China in 6-8 months which would put us there between July & Aug. Because our LSC arrived so much sooner than we expected (it came after a week rather than the predicted 5-12 weeks), we now can expect to travel in 3 to 4 months!

Han, here we come!

In the meantime, I'll post pictures of our first Asian treasure who continues to dazzle.



1 comment:

nikki said...

I am so happy for you. I knew you have been waiting, but I had no idea. I called you, but I guess I have your old number. Best wishes and looking forward to trip back to China. Our group is growing in leaps and bounds. I pray these next few weeks fly by for you.
Nikki, Olivia, and Aliette